GGrow sprouts or microgreens with that fresh garden radish flavour year-round!
NNOTE - Radish has an extensive fuzzy white root hair system that is sometimes mistaken for mould
- Days to Sprout Sprout- 4-5, Microgreen- 10-12
- Soak Time 4-6 hours
- Yield 1 tbsp of dry seed yields approx. 3-4 cups of sprouts.
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last even longer!
Great protein source and a very good source of vitamins A, B6, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
Did you know?
Radish has a very fine root system that produces a white fuzzy root that is often mistaken for mold.
- Easy sprouting directions (jar method):
- SOAK- Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with mesh and secure with rubber band. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 4-6 hours. Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in4-5 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
- Easy sprouting directions (tray method):
- SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of water and soak for 4-6 hours. (Alternatively, once you've measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with water, and soak for 4-6 hours.) Drain well.
- RINSE - Twice a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well.
- ENJOY - Ready to eat in 5 or 6 days. Continue to grow for a total of 10-12 days as a microgreen. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)