We love wheatgrass! Use for wheatgrass, sprouted wheat bread, milling, or short sprouts. Commercial wheatgrass growers usually prefer this wheat, since it may grow faster than hard red winter wheat.
Please see growing instructions for advice.
- Days to Sprout Sprout 2-3. Grass 8 - 10
- Soak Time 4-8 hours
- Storage Our seeds should sprout well for a year after you purchase them, if stored in a cool dry place. If you'd like to extend the germination life of your seeds, store them in the fridge. If you store your seeds in the freezer, they'll last almost indefinitely.
Wheat, sprouted- A good source of protein, vitamins C and B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, and amino acids. Wheat grass- Chlorophyll, Vitamins A, B, C, & E; minerals.
Did you know?
Some Benefits of Grass Substantiated by Research: Repairs DNA. Enhances Immunity. Stops Free-Radicals. Inhibits Carcinogens. Increases Longevity. Helps Skin Disease. Reduces Cholesterol. Prevents Inflammation. Promotes Cellular Rejuvenation. Enhances Stamina & Endurance Neutralizes Pesticides. Provides Antioxidants. Source: Wheatgrass: Nature's Finest Medicine, Steve Meyerowitz, Rev. Ed. 2006, p. 60.
TO GROW WHEAT GRASS. Grow in a sprouting tray with drainage holes. Soak about 6 hours. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days
- Grow in a sprouting tray with drainage holes.
- Soak 1 to 2 layers of seed for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain well. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days. (You may harvest them earlier since the stems can become fibrous if grown too long.)
- Cut off shoot and use.
- It is common for wheat to have traces of mold while growing. Often there is less mold when growing in soil than hydroponically. Wheat has more tendency to grow mold in water based methods than soil based. If you are seeing excessive amounts of mold, please contact us to help you troubleshoot.
- Jar Method: as a short sprout only until the little white tail shows.
- SOAK - Put 3 to 5 Tbsp seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with screen lid. Add water, swirl and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak about 6 hours.
- RINSE - Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY - Ready to use 2 - 3 days. Refrigerate to store.