as an inflammatory disease
principally affecting the hands, feet and synovial joints (hips, knees), is
also accompanied by general fatigue and fever. Inflammation of soft organ
tissue (heart, lungs, skin) is not uncommon and there are usually “Rheumatoid”
factors detectable in the blood.
of this disease remains unknown, however there are several theories as to its origins: genetic determinants, environmental
factors (there is more prevalence in cities than in the country), hormonal
imbalance, viral/bacterial infection, hyper-permeable intestines or “leaky gut”
inflammation in multiple articulations, weight loss, fatigue and morning aches
that last for more than one hour. Symptoms may have rapid onset and last
several days or weeks or develop gradually and remain present for months.
is most common amongst women aged 30-50 and men aged 50-70.
cleanse is highly recommended.
- Hyperallergenic Foods: gluten,
bovine dairy products, coffee, sugar, articial flavours and preservatives,
un-fermented soy, pork, chicken eggs, beef…the list can be different for each
- Nightshade Family: tomatoes,
eggplant, peppers, cayenne, potato, tobacco
- NB.: Garlic may boost the immune
system and thus aggravate symptoms.
- Ginger, turmeric, caraway
- Citrus, pineapple, pomegranate,
rosehip, berries, avocado
- Dates, prunes
- Celery, beetroot, dandelion leaves,
kale, arugula, broccoli, cucumber, shiitake mushrooms, cabbage*, Brussel
Sprouts* *if well digested
- Chick peas, tempeh
- Teff, buckwheat
- Cold water fish ( sardines,
mackerel, trout, wild salmon)
- Goat cheese
- Coconut oil (1-3 Tbso.day) and Flax
- Hemp, sesame and pumpkin seeds
- Brazil nuts, almonds and cashews
- Goji berries, bee pollen, chlorella
- Yoga, pilates dance, light
- Deep breathing
- Nature walks
Echinacea, astragalus, Reishi mushrooms and ligusticum ARE NOT RECOMMENDED as they will increase immune system function
and therefore aggravate symptoms.
- Epsom salts
your joints with:
- Black Pepper oil for tension
- Essential oils of lavender/chamomile
- Essential oils of bergamot and myrrh
- Licorice and peppermint: stomach
- Holy Basil: stress
- Siberian ginseng
- White Willow
- Devil’s Claw
Warning: These recommendations are not intended
as a diagnostic tool or to treat illness.
: “Healing Arthritis” Penny Kendall-Reed, ND and Stephen Reed, MD. “Pathology
and Nutrition” Lilieana Stadler Mitrea