with purchase of 75 $ and more
Preheat the cone maker to about 3 (may vary according to brand).
2. Grind chia seeds finely with a coffee grinder. In a large bowl, blend chia, apple sauce and water. Let rest for 5 minutes.
3. In another bowl, blend flour and salt together. Reserve.
4. Once the resting time is over, add honey, cane sugar, coconut oil and vanilla to chia mixture. Beat with an electric beater until combined.
5. Add dry ingredients and beat with electric beater until thick (about one minute).
6. Put 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of mixture in the middle of the maker and close the lid. Cook for about three minutes or until golden. I recommend checking the dough during cooking since the cooking time may vary according to the maker you have.
7. Unmould your wafer carefully with a spatula and place it on a dry cloth. Shape the cone with the cone mould provided with the maker. Use the cloth to roll the wafer around the cone because it’s hot! Press on the cone for a few seconds to make sure it will keep its shape.
8. Let cool on a rack.
Variation: You can also use a small bowl to shape the wafer. You will then have an edible bowl to serve your ice cream!
Thanks to Caroline Roy from Cuisine l'Angélique